Be first choice for motorists
Making our Autocentres the first choice for motorists across the UK is both the first step and the ultimate aim of our strategy.
- We want to build a loyal and satisfied customer base, and this can be achieved through our scale, convenient locations and technical expertise.
- Offering customers added value for booking in advance via our increasingly popular online booking system which customers can access via tablets, desktop computers and smartphones.
- Interest-free credit trialled and rolled out to all centres.
- More customer-friendly opening hours such as Sundays and weekday evenings.
A service customers come back for
We believe great service, delivered by engaged and motivated colleagues, who value customer feedback, guarantees a loyal and satisfied customer base.
While our convenient locations and consistent pricing can attract new customers, great service is what will keep them coming back. We are creating a culture of customer service among our colleagues, where their skills, knowledge and attitude combine to form great relationships with our customers.
- To create a culture of customer service among our colleagues, where their skills, knowledge and attitude combine to form great relationships with our customers.
- To attract and retain the most passionate and skilled colleagues to our Autocentres by focusing on improving recruitment and engagement.
- To nurture our colleagues' abilities by prioritising training and development.
- To continue learning by regularly reviewing feedback from our customers.
- Improvements in Net Promoter Score and customer retention.
- Trust Pilot rating maintained at about 8 out of 10.
- New quality team assessing the workmanship of our technicians.
Be a Grand Prix operation
Excellent technical service isn't all our customers expect. We want centres we can be proud of, offering customers the consistent experience they expect from the Halfords brand. That means clean and tidy receptions, friendly colleagues willing to help and a great environment to wait for their vehicle.
- To improve the standards in centres.
- To create a great environment for customers whilst waiting for their vehicles.
- To continue to invest in the latest technological equipment.
- 24 centres refreshed in the year.
- Good customer and colleague response to refreshed centres.
- 11 new centres opened.
Leverage the Halfords brand
The strength of the Halfords brand and the wider Group capabilities will help to ensure the success of our Autocentres. While Retail and Autocentres are separate parts of our Group, their capabilities are clearly linked, and cross-selling our services is a key part of our strategy going forwards.
- To operate common offers across both Autocentres and Retail, using our knowledge of each customer base to encourage customers of each to become customers of both.
- To sell jointly-sourced products.
- To explore opportunities to cross-sell.
- All centres now using Halfords anti-freeze in addition to oil and batteries.
- Development commenced on new electronic point of sale system, which will enable centres to hold and sell Retail stock.
- Trial of email marketing to Retail customers.